My little girl who is not so little anymore just turned 6!!! Where in the world did the time go...which is what everyone says or warns you about. It is so true although you may blow it off and think nothing of it. Until you look back and say wow.
So we have a 6 year old in a new place and no friends around her. I was so worried about what do you do for her. Everything I looked up online were things that involved other kids. Well I couldn't just walk around the neighborhood passing out flyer's that said kids needed for a birthday party! Well it may have worked but I wasn't going to do it. So I started planning early racking my brain with ideas and what to do. I decided to make her a shirt for her special day like this.
using fabric paint and the end of pencils and just made it freehand (this was the back of the shirt)
and I went with the pink and orange colors to kinda fit her age. In the past it was all a sweet pink so this seemed a little more older...to me at least. I asked the Birthday Girl for any ideas or what she wanted
and she was no help at all :) she just wanted to be surprised with everything.
So it was all a surprise!!!!
She had no idea what it would look like or even where it was going to be or what we were going to do! Or that i had something special for her to wear!
Here are a few of her expressions approaching this surprise party!
| she had been waiting all day for this...and she was excited |
| cool was her 1st word when she saw this... |
Her table was all set and she was taking it all in!
| there were many more lanterns but i could only capture a few |
She LOVED it!!!
Especially the Candy Buffet that was all pink and orange
not to mention the kool-aid cupcakes that were amazing!!!!
I finally decided it would just be family which is/was wonderful, but I wanted it to be all about her and since she has never really had many friends and it's not because she is shy or unsocial. She has moved to many times or there are not many kids her age that have been around us. I did have one friend in mind that I knew and the rest would be family.
So how was I going to get a bunch of adults to help make the Birthday Girl feel like they were there to celebrate her! Instead of just letting the kids play and everyone just sitting and talking. I decided that each family had to come up with a game to play with her. I am not sure in the end who had more fun!
Here are the games...
We started out with homemade bubbles with all kinds of different ways to form them
The adults didn't get that involved on this part but it was kinda the ice breaker
The kids did have fun making so many different size bubbles thanks to Gram!
The second game was called Pull the tail off the Donkeys
Each person playing had to have a tail taped to their backside and the Birthday Girl had to pull them off!
So here are all the Donkey's (right i know what your thinking) I would say we were good sports..not Jackass's but I will let you decided...ha
| Run! |
| From oldest to youngest we couldn't leave anyone out |
| she needed a little help from her brother |






Love it!! You made such an adorable haven of fun and girliness out of that park!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe baby Kate is 6 now....I still remember the night we ALL (as in 20-30 of us) waited FOREVER in the waiting room at Hutcheson for her arrival......seeing how big she has gotten brings happy tears to my eyes. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteThank you megs! Britt i know it's so crazy that she is 6. It is truly hard to believe!
ReplyDelete