Since i feel like i need to catch up, I am overwhelmed and excited about all there is to share. So we have been in Transition once again and have moved once more. However, this time i believe and hope that it is our last. We are happy to be close to family and are blessed with opportunity and this house. It is always hard to move, start over, find friends, feel at home, learn your way around, and connect. It is hard as a mom and wife to make your family feel at home and surround them with things familiar. We still feel a bit unsettled but we are working towards making this house a home (of our own soon).
One good thing for my kids is they are small and not plugged into much (at the moment) so we are not pulling them around and taking them away from much...but i am sure it effects them in ways i may not understand. I get asked all the time. How do you do it? I don't really have the best answer... I just do what has to be done and try to make the best for everyone! Luckily my oldest daughter is home schooled so we didn't have to worry about that aspect of moving schools. A positive is because we have moved so much we pull together as a family and become closer and closer it seems with each move. So we spend a lot of time together and focusing on the kids. We have been taking walks, riding bikes, being creative, playing pirates, wii, and reading books, etc.
In the meantime I have been busy putting together my girls room and doing a lot of crafty things a long the way which have made the experience more fun for them and me. It feels so good to clean out and start over, and start new. New places mean new spaces = FUN for me (its work but Fun). I love to decorate and try to find new use for old things. Here are some of the things we have done in our new place...
I found these old scripture prints at one of my favorite thrift store and painted the frames and the mats (the one on the right) is in my girls room The Lord's Prayer. The one on the left is one of my favorite scriptures which fit's this blog... because this is a scripture i rely on a lot! Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path... I have not finished this one yet, or found a place for it. But it is on the to do list!
Before
The Lord's Prayer
After (sorry the shot is a little blurry)
A few frames I transformed from white to this
One other thing I finally got to do was fix this old dresser... I have had it since college and it was in good shape but it was so brown and UGLY.
Early years of marriage my husband and I tried to fix it up painted it white (we started and never finished) It was so bad we took the old handle pulls off and then couldn't find ones to replace it that fit so we put knobs on with open holes.
| see the holes on the sides of the knobs...yeah i know |
So finally I decided now is the time and it would make the room more complete.
Much better now...this picture doesn't do it justice but you get the point :) Sometimes with 3 kids i have to rush to take these kind of pic's this would be one of those moments
The girls little reading nook in their bedroom
little fabric flower lamp i made
You may remember a previous blog about this lamp. How I was so disappointed how it turned out and I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or toss it...well I decided to keep it and fix it a little so here it is now in the girls new room!
For the record my little man's room is still in working progress and he hasn't been left out. Boys are easier and his room is in order and he doesn't mind cause he doesn't like all that girly stuff. However, i do put a little touch to his stuff but it is still all boy!!!
Switching gears from INSIDE to OUTSIDE...
We decided to get out into the neighborhood, and started with walks that turned into an almost everyday bike ride. Here is a A very proud Daddy moment, our kids tried riding their bikes without training wheels at ages (5&3) they were so excited and so were we. They did amazing...and now they fly (ride) all over the place. Here is a very proud daddy...at the park near our house.
Here they go...
He was all smiles, soaking in the moment. (ps. i think he is adorable)
5 years old learning to ride and all smiles! Of course it wasn't All smiles
3 years old and no training wheels impressive
There were a few accidents along the way, but here he is showing me how strong he is and that falling down is ok...unless of course their is blood involved from a scraped knee or elbow.
So after wrecking so many times he needed a break and found this puddle...
well boys will be boys!!!!
however, this little one decided to join in too!
Normally, I would be freaking out but I have learned to be more relaxed and let them have fun!
speaking of getting muddy
We made a little mud kitchen in our outdoor kitchen area. There will be more added to it later but for now i just put out a bunch of things for them to play in the dirt.
She is the most interested, although they all play
As the littlest princess is saying here new favorite word...HOT HOT HOT!!!!
(for the record nothing was Hot)
not sure about her dirty hands...
Here is what was really cooking in the outdoor kitchen
YUM!
So here is a glimpse into our life and where we have been and what we have been up to. It's been an adventure (always is). We have accomplished a lot in these few little months of our new chapter. Hope you feel inspired and motivated to look at things as they are and what you can gain, give, and take from life and where it takes you!
More to come...( we also celebrated my daughters 6 birthday) which was fantastic so I will be blogging about that soon! :)
Thanks for stopping by!
It feels good to be back :)






No comments:
Post a Comment